We, Women of Color in ELT, have powerful stories to share. Our stories can help us heal and empower ourselves and our collectives.
Here is a place where Women of Color in ELT can share their inspiring stories if they choose to do so.
There are no rules or guidelines for your story.
- Anonymity: If you wish, you can share your story anonymously.
- Format: You can share your story via video, audio, text and/or image, or mixture of all these.
- Length: There is no length limit to your story. It can be as short or long as you wish.
- Language: Share your story in the language of your heart and if that language is not English, you can translate the story yourself or we may have your story translated. If we do, both the original story and the translation will be published.
Please note that on some occasions we do not publish a story. For example, these are stories where:
- publication may increase the risk of harm to the storyteller.
- the storyteller is promoting violence, hatred, self-harm, or any other form of hostility.
- the story is requesting financial support, donations, and/or purchases of some kind.
For your privacy and protection, if you are younger than 18, we do not share your family name, your location, or your photo.
If you would like to share your story, please send it to email@example.com and include:
- Title of your story
- Your story
- Your headshot or a photo of you (if you want to share)
- Please attach any images, audios, and/or videos related to your story. If we have difficulty opening your file, we will let you know.
- Your name (please note that you can share your story anonymously)